Area Sales Manager NL – Rotterdam
For our client an US based established supplier of tools for the Oil and Gas industry we are recruiting an Area Sales Manager for the Netherlands.
The individual in this position will focus on primary accounts and take charge of the complete sales activity in the country, to include. Must have the capability to communicate with the different levels in each account and be a strong person within each organization to network, build intimate customer relations, prepare and present, and build trust and confidence. He/She will create area- and account strategy, identify opportunities, close the deals and then project manage the solution. Proactively sells on-site machining and welding solutions primarily through outstanding customer focus with the goal of building lasting customer relationships. Conceptual thinker who listens to customers to fully understand the application then recommends and provides appropriate solutions.
He/She owns the entire account acquisition process from initial prospecting through service implementation which includes forecasting, call planning, cold calling, managing the sales funnel, pro-active pipeline management and accurate pipeline staging, proposal generation, contract negotiation, credit approval, sales data management, and exceeding monthly revenue objectives. Uses sound judgment and business acumen to prepare activity and forecast reports.
You will develop basic account territory plans that include detailed account insight, competitive knowledge, organizational structure, top account information, total solution activity and future opportunities and/or threats.
You conduct professional in-house and/or on-site technical presentations and/or product demonstrations as needed to support customer requirements. You will assist in trade show exhibitions. You maintain complete technical knowledge of company, products, capabilities and possible solutions and will therefor attend sales training courses and applies learning.
You will fully understand, follow and utilizes company policies and procedures, i.e. quotations, return authorizations, pricing/payment terms, credit, leasing and warranty decisions. Travel required up to 50-60% – primarily within the area and sometimes international may be required.
- Degree from a technical or business college or university; 5 -10 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Prior experience with capital equipment sales required;
- Strong mechanical, machining, engineering aptitude with ability and credibility to work effectively with engineering and other departments as necessary;
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding sales goals and deadlines;
- Exceptional sales, job development, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to work dependently with limited direction on complex issues.
- Passionate, creative, innovative “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with customers in a firm and persistent manner while remaining professional and courteous at all times.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be quick learner.
The company allready has presence in Germany and France and would like to establish itself in the Dutch Market. You will start the business out of your home with support from the European Head Office in Germany. We are searching for a motivated sales professional with a sense of urgency and a can-do attitude. You are the person who is committed to growing the bottom-line, expanding the market share and continually exceeding assigned sales goals. Primary duty is to promote and rapidly close business within the defined area and a major account management focus.The first year they expect you to achieve a turnover of between 1,5 and 2 million Euro. Experience within the Power Generation, Shipbuilding, Heavy Equipment or Field Services Industry is a pre.
Salary Indication will be between € 70.000 and €85.000 depending on work experience. Bonus up to 20%.
+31 (0)23 5121010